DIY overflow help

Nate_Krohn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2019
Messages
116
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon reef tank already set up with HOB equipment that I would like to add a sump to. I can’t bring myself to spend over $100 on an hob overflow box so I thought I could make one out of pvc. Has anyone else done this? If you could share some tips with me that’d be great. Thanks!
 
Save yourself the time and effort and buy one :) Trust me, I built two different ones and neither worked as good as advertised. They are untrustworthy as they are prone to stop working and easily clogged.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new