Diy overflow weir opinions needed

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20231216_200911.jpg

I have attempted to make this for a 2m x 2m x 0.8m 2500L (nominal) pond build I'm planning. I know it's not the tidiest but does that look like enough of an overflow. It's 50mm and will overflow through bulkheads on either side with a strainer also on the downward facing Tee fitting.
That length of overflow is 1.4m

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe drill a bunch of holes between the slots. If I'm understanding you post correctly

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That type of overflow is very limited because narrow slots clog easily. Plus, the areas farthest from the outlets don’t have much drop so increasing flow just causes the water level to get above the slots which defeats the purpose. You would be better off with a box at both outlets or one continuous box. I learned this the hard way, don’t repeat my mistake.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back