DIY protein skimmer

Lavabrine ninja

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
51
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna get a protein skimmer for my overstock reef aquarium. So I was wonder would a DIY protein skimmer be enough and work for an overstock system or should I stop trying to be a cheapskate and get a name brand skimmer? It's a 75g system.
 
Yes, just buy a skimmer. Sometimes you can score a used skimmer for a decent price. It will save you the time/money trying to dial in a custom diy solution. My2cents.

I have always used an enjoy red octopus skimmers.
 
Yes, just buy a skimmer. Sometimes you can score a used skimmer for a decent price. It will save you the time/money trying to dial in a custom diy solution. My2cents.

I have always used an enjoy red octopus skimmers.
I have a really heavy bio load in the system lol. I do plan on upgrading but I wanna get something to help filter the system instead of water changes. Gonna try and get some racemosa macroalgea to help as well since theres an eel and other things that produce alot of waste
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new