DIY Reef mixing station (pluming help)

jamesrb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I ordered my first Reef Tank and it should be delivered tomorrow! i'm trying to setup a single 55 gallon mixing station. i bought a Chem-Tainer 55 gallon vertical tank with one outlet on the bottom that has a 1-1/2" female fitting and a 1" female fitting at the top.

I'm having a difficult time finding a fitting that will reduce the bottom outlet from 1-1/2" to 1". I've searched the internet and went to home depot and lowe's and there isn't a fitting for that.

this is what i am looking for: 1-1/2" male threaded x 1" slip is there such a fitting?

Thanks for your help!

James

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I ordered my first Reef Tank and it should be delivered tomorrow! i'm trying to setup a single 55 gallon mixing station. i bought a Chem-Tainer 55 gallon vertical tank with one outlet on the bottom that has a 1-1/2" female fitting and a 1" female fitting at the top.

I'm having a difficult time finding a fitting that will reduce the bottom outlet from 1-1/2" to 1". I've searched the internet and went to home depot and lowe's and there isn't a fitting for that.

this is what i am looking for: 1-1/2" male threaded x 1" slip is there such a fitting?

Thanks for your help!

James
If im understanding this correct you want to convert a 1-1/2" to a 1"?

I had similar issues and didnt know what to do then it just hit me. I went to home depot and started to mess around with all the fittings till I finally figured out what I needed.

so what you are going to have to do is get a female thats threaded 1 1/2" and attach it. Then from there youll get this converter. This converts from 1-1/2" to 1-1/4". then you will need a male 1-1/4" threaded and get the same thing here but find 1-1/4" to 1" then you should be all set.

Is this what you meant?

Always take your parts into home depot or wherever your going and put everything together to make sure it fits before leaving the store

Its easier to scale down 1/4" rather than 1/2" for whatever reason they sell the 1/4 not 1/2 from what I've seen

OP
OP
J

jamesrb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If im understanding this correct you want to convert a 1-1/2" to a 1"?

I had similar issues and didnt know what to do then it just hit me. I went to home depot and started to mess around with all the fittings till I finally figured out what I needed.

so what you are going to have to do is get a female thats threaded 1 1/2" and attach it. Then from there youll get this converter. This converts from 1-1/2" to 1-1/4". then you will need a male 1-1/4" threaded and get the same thing here but find 1-1/4" to 1" then you should be all set.

Is this what you meant?

Always take your parts into home depot or wherever your going and put everything together to make sure it fits before leaving the store

Its easier to scale down 1/4" rather than 1/2" for whatever reason they sell the 1/4 not 1/2 from what I've seen

Yes, that's what i meant.. didn't want to have to do that, but if that's what needs to happen, then so be it!

Thank you for the reply!

James

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's what i meant.. didn't want to have to do that, but if that's what needs to happen, then so be it!

Thank you for the reply!

James
no problem I had to do the same thing its a pain I sat there for like 30 mins trying to figure something easier out but nothing I tried worked

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back