DIY reef-pi build log

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought the relays I didn't know the differences between trigger voltage. I will just have to supply the extra pca9685s with the 12v to trigger the relays. I am planning to use the excess relays to control a remote auto water change system.
I think they are rated for 5v only. You should be able to use uln2803 or common npn transistors to convert the 5v pwm to 12v pwm

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are rated for 5v only. You should be able to use uln2803 or common npn transistors to convert the 5v pwm to 12v pwm
Actually it turns out that I must have figured out the need for 5v relay before I ordered them. So I do have 5v relays.

brendann993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Michael, The Tindie store still shows stock of the Goby board but I see this thread hasn't had any recent updates, Just wanted to check if the stock level is correct? I do some basic DC electronic and soldering skills but not SMT so buying a completed board sounds good.
Thanks

Mikeneedsahobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Michael, The Tindie store still shows stock of the Goby board but I see this thread hasn't had any recent updates, Just wanted to check if the stock level is correct? I do some basic DC electronic and soldering skills but not SMT so buying a completed board sounds good.
Thanks
I don’t think Mike is on this board much anymore. If you see something on his Tindie store than he should have it. The best way to contact him is probably through the Tindie store. I bought a couple of doing adopters from him a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
Michael Lane

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Hi. Thanks for reaching out. My reef-pi has been going strong since this thread, and I haven't had much to update on it.

I recently finished a batch of boards and made them available on my Tindie store. If my store has it in stock, then the board is assembled, tested, and available.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Thanks for reaching out. My reef-pi has been going strong since this thread, and I haven't had much to update on it.

I recently finished a batch of boards and made them available on my Tindie store. If my store has it in stock, then the board is assembled, tested, and available.
We are just so very happy to see you around Michael :). Thank you for all the things you do. Please take care of yourself and family. We'll be here.

Broady2067

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've finally gotten around to the next step in this build and excited to get it running on my tank. It supports 16 outlets, 2 ph probes, 3 temperature sensors, 2 ATO sensors, and 2 lights with 3 channels each. I also made a 5 foot light bar to fix some dimness on the back wall.
THWHBBzh.jpg

v2rmgkhh.jpg

It looks fine from the outside, but the inside is dang mess! It took so long to get everything tucked and jammed in.
dzvZR2th.jpg

PCA9685 and ULN2803 are integrated into the hat, along with a bunch of JST connectors which were supposed make everything neat. Ha! I also added reverse current blocking and the eeprom for official hat status.
YzCEhsvh.jpg

The UPS needed modification in order to support individual outlet control. I pulled out the live strip and cut parts out of it. An 8 channel relay board now controls it.
g2kyajWl.jpg

Va6Rvrfl.jpg
Where can i acquire one of these hats please?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back