DIY sand cleaner/ water change setup.

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
44
Reaction score
29
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am referring to this video he made It looks like a great idea for both cleaning the sandbed and performing water changes. However I have no clue how he got that pump to stay on that setup. I got the same pump as he did. I found a 1/2 in nipple that screwed into the pump but its only held into the pump by a o ring and the force of the magnet on the inpeller. I want to know if any of you know about a pump I can use that I can attach a 1/2 tube. I also have no idea how he goes from that clear rigid tube down to the 1/2 in flexible tube. If I can get this set up it will a game changer for water changes and for cleaning the sand bed.
 
I'm assuming he's using some sort of threaded adapter on the pump (I have a similar pump model). It looks like he has a custom adapter/L-elbow clamped onto the rigid plastic tubing.
Yeah he has the parts listed on the youtube video and I purchased those items and it's just not working. So that's a bit frustrating. Guess I'm gonna have to just buy a 3d printer... (like I needed another reason...)
 
Upvote 0
Yeah he has the parts listed on the youtube video and I purchased those items and it's just not working. So that's a bit frustrating. Guess I'm gonna have to just buy a 3d printer... (like I needed another reason...)
I can't remember what my Sicce pump came with for adapters, but I don't recall one that fit to the output with threads on it (the fact that it has a store sticker on it leads me to believe this is your missing part).
 
Upvote 0
Couldn't you do the same thing with a canister filter and extra filter pads, as opposed to biomedia?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new