DIY screen mesh top hole size

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shibaken3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shibaken3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
371
Location
LasVegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently built a DIY screen mesh top where the hole is 1mmx1mm. I noticed severe blockage of the light and wondered what other people are using. I built mine from lowes and I'm thinking of replacing the net with an 8mmx8mm from amazon.
 
I switched from lowes to the clear 1/8 inch from brs. Much better light getting through.
 
I switched from lowes to the clear 1/8 inch from brs. Much better light getting through.
1/4 Nylon mesh is what I use I get it on ebay
 

Attachments

  • 78C52C6B-EF95-4C17-B596-97A804D80DE2.jpeg
    78C52C6B-EF95-4C17-B596-97A804D80DE2.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 7F9E55A0-8506-4998-9488-C5B5BB8F8321.png
    7F9E55A0-8506-4998-9488-C5B5BB8F8321.png
    664.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 55E3615D-3179-4BF8-A88F-E454D4BEDD30.jpeg
    55E3615D-3179-4BF8-A88F-E454D4BEDD30.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 257
I like black mesh better, but the 1/4" stuff that's widely available is too big and let's little fish get caught...

So -- 1/8" clear from BRS is the winner.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new