• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

DIY special 24" Dimmable ATI's + nanobox leds

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent a while building this for a floating canopy but, i'm unable to drill the ceiling in my apartment so will have to move on from the project.

It's a stripped 24" ATI dimmable sunpower. The housing was removed and everything sits on the ATI frame. Middle ballast and t5's were removed and (2) nanobox v3.1 arrays were mounted to heatsinks.

Fans are controlled by a SWC ldd on the rapidled ldd-h-4s driver board. The other driver board is a ldd-h-4s. Light has a total of 5 LDD drivers.

T5's will power up via power cords to each individual ballast.
LED's will need a controller.
Or if you're savvy, have a controller power/dim everything. :)
There is a 12v converter wired to ballast #2 that was on the original light to power the fans and controller.
Everything on the light works. Some cables on the LED array came off during moving so they will have to be resoldered. This is sold as a project and if you're not comfortable with DIY, this is not for you. I can't sell technical support with this light, you will have to be on your own.

$125 shipped

IMG_3124 2.jpg

IMG_3930 2.jpg

IMG_4157 2.jpg

IMG_9192 2.jpg

OP
OP
mlivvy

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is still dry i'm putting it together now.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Could you please give me the overall dimensions of the whole thing? And what version NB arrays are those?

Thank you!

OP
OP
mlivvy

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to solder the arrays. Such a beautiful color from those leds I almost kept it. ;Happy

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Hello! Could you please give me the overall dimensions of the whole thing? And what version NB arrays are those?

Thank you!

23"w x 13 1/4"d and about 2" high. @Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! What version NanoBox LED arrays do you have here?

Thank you!

OP
OP
mlivvy

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! What version NanoBox LED arrays do you have here?

Thank you!

I can't find the info of when I bought them. They have the green channel which I believe is lime or mint.

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I wish I hadn't ordered my T5's for the frag tank already! :(

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice light and even nicer price!

Just curious why you cant drill the ceiling? Its pretty easy to put some drywall anchors and call it a day. Spackle when done and I doubt you will notice it unless the ceiling is the old fashion popcorn ceiling.

OP
OP
mlivvy

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice light and even nicer price!

Just curious why you cant drill the ceiling? Its pretty easy to put some drywall anchors and call it a day. Spackle when done and I doubt you will notice it unless the ceiling is the old fashion popcorn ceiling.

I could with the right anchors. It's just that it's an apartment and would like something I can take down quickly like an RMS arm. Don't talk me into keeping it. :p

OP
OP
mlivvy

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some are asking about the housing. Here it is..

unnamed.jpg

I took it apart because the factory controller died. Then I lost the side panels and screws. It was really expensive to buy these parts from ATI that I decided to hack it up and put in a storm x controller. The controller recently went bad and I have no time to keep messing with it or desire to drill my ceiling.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could with the right anchors. It's just that it's an apartment and would like something I can take down quickly like an RMS arm. Don't talk me into keeping it. :p

Man, I would keep it LOL.

Toggle Bolts and call it a day. You can buy a 2pk at Home Depot for about 4.00 and each toggle bolt is usually rated for 50lbs. In your case, I'd use 2 so you could level the light. Its a very small patch to cover up.

I have tenants and in my rentals (Los Angeles and Idaho), I personally don't mind if they drill in the walls/ceilings as long as they cover them up prior to leaving. I used 4 toggle bolts to mount our good size TV and prior to mounting the TV, I did a pull-up on the TV bracket. Toggle Bolts are very strong and easy to install/seal.

Fwd to 50sec

GL with what ever you do! I am tempted:eek:

Jacobbecker88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old post I know but is this sold!? Believe I posted on a thread when you were asking about building this! I want to do similar but on a ****** Aquaticlife T5 and would cost 3 times as much JUST to add the LEDs! Haha

Jacobbecker88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or maybe it was a thread of Fish Fans, idk Im new on here but this my DREAM fixuture DEFINITELY let mw know if available even tho Im WAY late!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back