DIY sump Help!

wmhaupfear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again just my thoughts I’m no expert haha! I’m sure there are pros and cons either way!

Have you had experience with a sump layout that way before? I would think that first chamber gets filled with all the stuff your socks should be catching. Does it stay suspended enough in that sections to float into the socks or does it settle to the bottom

I'll accept all constructive criticism/ideas. I'm an engineer so by virtue I try to explore all avenues before doing a project and I definitely miss things. As for the first chamber filling with dirty water, maybe there's enough turbulence and water flow that it doesn't collect..? Idk just spitballing here

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll accept all constructive criticism/ideas. I'm an engineer so by virtue I try to explore all avenues before doing a project and I definitely miss things. As for the first chamber filling with dirty water, maybe there's enough turbulence and water flow that it doesn't collect..? Idk just spitballing here
Once you see how dirty your socks get you won't worry about stuff in that first chamber lol.

bowheaton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it's been a while since you guys were discussing this. I just purchased the figicube for a 20L. How is it working out for you guys and what skimmer are you guys using?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back