DIY Tropic Marin All for Reef (One Part Dosing Solution)

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow up, has anyone reported using a baseline amount of the Tropic Marin All for Reef recipe and continuing a 3 part dosing at a lower rate? Process is simple enough and I would be very curious to see if SPS responded to benefits of metabolizing formate/formic acid.
To me no such approach has been reported. We advertise it as one of the advantages of All-For-Reef that only one dosing pump is needed. If you want to add for example additional KH automatically a second one would be needed. (But in my eyes this is not necessary. Small corrections may be done manually.) For your approach 4 dosing pumps and/or storage containers would be needed.

In my eyes the difference and thus the "benefits of metabolizing formate" between Balling method with K+ and A- Elements and All-For-Reef is small.

If more widespread significant differences between other two or three part methods and All-For-Reef may be observed I would suspect they may mainly be attributed to the trace elements in All-For-Reef. The effect of the trace elements is bigger than the difference between Carbo-Calcium compared to Original Balling or All-For-Reef compared to Original Balling with K+ and A- Elements.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 51.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back