DIY Urea + Ammonia Mix Dosing Chart

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miami Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ok. That’s what I use. And you made it to the standard recipe?
Yes, the one that is listed here. I use 0TSD RODI water. It's just so strange that it always has bubbles in the dosing lines within 24-48 hours after mixing it. With the sodium nitrate that I'm currently using, no bubbles at all.
 
question can the solution be used if nitrates are already to high?
 
What is the goal?
for polypes and coral health, I have bad polyps extension despite parameter are in check. I now a coral breeder that had the same kind of problems with millepora and tenuis and he started to add amonium , it helped only a little but when he started to add uree too, all his corals went in a week back to life and showing big polyp extension .all his corals looks better and have better growth. Another friend tried urea also and polyps went crazy. Maybe I should add just the urea? will it also raise nitrate alone?
Some people also are saying that dosing amonium made there nutrient levels decline??
 
Ammonia dosing may help polyp extension. It’s not hard to experiment and see what happens. If nitrate continues to rise, it’s also fine to dose it and organic carbon or use other increases export methods as well.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new