do all blennies eat dried seaweed?

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if i could add dried sea weed for my molly miller blenny.
he is the only fish in my tank at the moment. He heats frozen mysis with no problems. He's only an inch or so long.
Thought about adding dried seaweed, but not sure if he would eat it. i guess it's worth a shot, but I don't want to effect my parameters with it sitting in the tank uneaten.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try it and see. A different option if it doesn't like nori sheets is algae pellets, I like Hikari Seaweed Extreme.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was wondering if i could add dried sea weed for my molly miller blenny.
he is the only fish in my tank at the moment. He heats frozen mysis with no problems. He's only an inch or so long.
Thought about adding dried seaweed, but not sure if he would eat it. i guess it's worth a shot, but I don't want to effect my parameters with it sitting in the tank uneaten.
It may but its also a myth that they are algae eaters . While they do eat algae and require Some algae in their diet, they need meats even more and also calcium. You will see them gnaw and pound on rocks throughout the day and many believe its going after algae but in essence its calcium. Meats such as chopped krill, mysis, shrimp and fish should be offered. Their belly should be round and not flat - a sign they are starving for right foods

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back