do all blennies eat dried seaweed?

reef tank 2.0

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2021
Messages
760
Reaction score
323
Location
Cincinnati
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if i could add dried sea weed for my molly miller blenny.
he is the only fish in my tank at the moment. He heats frozen mysis with no problems. He's only an inch or so long.
Thought about adding dried seaweed, but not sure if he would eat it. i guess it's worth a shot, but I don't want to effect my parameters with it sitting in the tank uneaten.
 
Try it and see. A different option if it doesn't like nori sheets is algae pellets, I like Hikari Seaweed Extreme.
 
I was wondering if i could add dried sea weed for my molly miller blenny.
he is the only fish in my tank at the moment. He heats frozen mysis with no problems. He's only an inch or so long.
Thought about adding dried seaweed, but not sure if he would eat it. i guess it's worth a shot, but I don't want to effect my parameters with it sitting in the tank uneaten.
It may but its also a myth that they are algae eaters . While they do eat algae and require Some algae in their diet, they need meats even more and also calcium. You will see them gnaw and pound on rocks throughout the day and many believe its going after algae but in essence its calcium. Meats such as chopped krill, mysis, shrimp and fish should be offered. Their belly should be round and not flat - a sign they are starving for right foods
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new