Do all variations of ocellaris clowns bond, mate and breed?

Lalaallieu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got a regular ocellaris and a black ice ocellaris. Is there any chance they will mate up and breed eventually? They are both roughly the same size. The store I got them from said they’d do fine in my 13.5 gallon Fluval until I moved them in my new 40 gallon.

Lauren

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is always the possibility that they will. I suggest reading through this guide:

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only fish for nearly 5 months was a large female cIown that had been in this tank for 3 years. Since i took the tank over i had been waiting until things are stable again before I added any livestock well about 3 weeks ago I decided it would been a long enough time and by chance I was given a snowflake becase a friend took his tank down I was a little worried at first but i figured id give it a shot. I believe the snowflake is actually a male because he's so much smaller and from what I understand usually the larger is female and the smaller is the male. As soon as I put snowflake Inn they were instantly fast friends and now we're completely inseparable place with the best possible case scenario

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are the opposite of most fish in that they start out male and the dominant turns female. Assuming you end up with both genders, occelaris will breed regardless of color morph. Of course, raising the fry is the challenge.

Last edited:

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back