Do green bali slimers have tentacles

  • Thread starter Thread starter GHOSTLY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
3,807
Reaction score
2,736
Location
vancouver BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some guy near me is selling a "green bali slimer" but it seems to have tentacles when I was told this species doesn't have tentacles so the question is do slimers have tentacles or is this some completely different coral?
 
These were the best images
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20211221-231620_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-231620_Email.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20211221-231505_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-231505_Email.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 132
Mines a slimer... seems like looks more like that:

20211221_232247.jpg


Then this (green hydnophora):

Screenshot_20211221-232437_DuckDuckGo.jpg


But--mine does not have "tenacles"...

Either way cool coral!

If it kills sh *t, i doubt its a slimer. My slimer isnt aggressive
 
All corals do. I'm confused about what you're asking.
So every time I go to my LFS and see the slimers they never have tentacles you can only see the skin. This time this guy's selling a slimer that has visible polyps. The question is do slimers have polyps or is this a mille or something different
 
So every time I go to my LFS and see the slimers they never have tentacles you can only see the skin. This time this guy's selling a slimer that has visible polyps. The question is do slimers have polyps or is this a mille or something different
They will have extended polyps if *happy. Could be that something isn't quite right at the store or a fish or invert is picking at them.
 
They will have extended polyps if *happy. Could be that something isn't quite right at the store or a fish or invert is picking at them.
So if I pick up the frag and its happy it will extend right? Also how much flow do these guys need? Just enough for the tentacles to move or do I have to blast it
 
Ohh ok. How much flow do they have cause I don't 2ant to get this piece and give it to much or too little
You can start with medium flow.
My 120 is running 6 powerheads on random at 100%.
 
Always start low and work up.
I run random flow so they are always moving but not thrashing.

Here is a better pic of my slimer colony for reference.
20211222_135742.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new