Do I need a tank controller?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First what does the LED on the base look like?

If the base led is solid green, unplug the display and wait 5 seconds then plug it back. If the same thing happens, unplug the power to the base and wait 60 seconds and plug the base back....

Please help my apex that I just received show me this blue screen. What should I do? image.jpeg

OP
OP
X.M.Chen

X.M.Chen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First what does the LED on the base look like?

If the base led is solid green, unplug the display and wait 5 seconds then plug it back. If the same thing happens, unplug the power to the base and wait 60 seconds and plug the base back....
Base is solid green but energy bar and pm2 is Flash yellow.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it may be bad. I rarely used it myself rely on apex fusion and the web base version if I need fine tuning. But I went ahead and bought a new one. Not that bad of a price

OP
OP
X.M.Chen

X.M.Chen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try unplugging the display and that did not work? I think the ip address changes so you cannot reach the apex Web server.
Maybe I should just return it. I just received it for a week and today I have time to set it up. And it end up showing me the blue screen. !!

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it may be bad. I rarely used it myself rely on apex fusion and the web base version if I need fine tuning. But I went ahead and bought a new one. Not that bad of a price
No it is not bad support can sometimes recover it with special firmware if the link I gave does not fix it. Worst case is you send it in to support and they can get it fixed.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for not reading through the entire thread, but if you have a REAL job and your away from the tank most of the time, then yes, I agree with a controller. If your a home body like me though, then no... I check the temperature of my water with my finger. Automation is cool, don't get me wrong, but don't turn your you tank into a robot, enjoy it... ;) GL.

OP
OP
X.M.Chen

X.M.Chen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have received a new apex gold from marine depot.com. When I try to setup. when I try to calibrate SG It end up with a blank on display. And 2 days later it not connect to the Internet. So I contact apex and marine depot.com for help. Marine depot.com send me a email saying that apex love to take care itself. And apex email my back with some instruction.( I will upload all email Conversation later.) and I try few time with the instructions they send to me. But it don't seem to work. And I reply back the email saying that is not working. And they responded me back next day. Ok. And they ask me some base question about apex.(I will upload email). And it have been almost a week and I still didn't get my apex to work. Still blank display and can't connect to the Internet. So I ask them if I can return it. And they say they can setup a phone support. But I don't have that much time for it. Also I get tried with this apex. It's a brand new and it's not working at the first day. So I ask for a return again. And they email me back saying they don't offer return for their product. Once the product it sold no matter what happen they only offer repair. And they say if you don't want it you can sell to others. I sorry I don't want to sell some thing that is not working to other. It's a new apex that I just received. And it not working correctly in the first day. And I can't return it? So this that mean if they sold you a old one that is already broken. You still have to take it. That is not $10. It's a $700. And no return only repair if it not working correctly out of the box? I don't want to repair something that I didn't even start use.
Here is my mail to apex. image.jpeg

Here is apex reply. image.png

Me
image.png
Apex.
image.png image.png image.png
Me
image.png
Apex
image.png image.png image.png image.png
Me
image.png
Apex
image.png
Me
image.png
Apex
image.png
Me
image.png
Apex

image.png
Me
image.png
No respond from them yet. If you was I would you ask for return? I'm their product is good but just can understand what I can return for a product that is bad on the first day I received it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back