Do I need to increase waves slowly for clowns?

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning to increase the time the wave maker is on. Is this something I need to do slowly? We have 2 clowns and they mostly hide behind the heater when the waves are on.

currently the wave maker is only on 4 hours a day and has been this way for 6 months or more.

1. do I need to slowly increase the wave time by 1-2 hours a day?

2. Is there a better time to run waves? Day or night?

3. how long should the wave maker run? We have a frogspawn, Duncan’s, leathers, and some star polyps

Thanks!

sam2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My waver maker runs through a cycle. The screen shot is my schedule it runs 24 hours a day. With 1 hour on constant 90% to flush the rock work, I use random with a max of 70%, a low of 20% and high level of variation. I use 2 pulse modes one with very short pulses and one with slightly longer and stronger pulses. this is in a 15 gallon/60 liter aquarium with a 1000 lph/264 gph return pump. My clowns are out all day.

Its a nero 3, running average of 80x flow

Screenshot_20210105-224650_myAI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Afkomjorgen

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My waver maker runs through a cycle. The screen shot is my schedule it runs 24 hours a day. With 1 hour on constant 90% to flush the rock work, I use random with a max of 70%, a low of 20% and high level of variation. I use 2 pulse modes one with very short pulses and one with slightly longer and stronger pulses. this is in a 15 gallon/60 liter aquarium with a 1000 lph/264 gph return pump. My clowns are out all day.

Its a nero 3, running average of 80x flow

Screenshot_20210105-224650_myAI.jpg
Wow! Your wave maker has such a nice customization app !!
ours is just a controller attached. I’ll try to figure out what it’s called but it’s really strong and it blows the fish around quite a bit. I don’t think I have the box anymore

thank you

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No harm in increasing it slowly p, doesn’t have to be too slow though.
The flow in side a tank is not as bad as you think, maybe right in front of it, but everywhere else it’s a gently tickle compared to the sea.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back