Do I need to move my Garf Colony?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
2,135
Reaction score
3,118
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can you tell if the receding on the base is due to light(shading)or the Setosa approaching it?
4D54A01E-A78D-45C2-98D4-C0BE4D65CB3C.jpeg
753B0E1A-818A-4077-A038-A6FD8C8B6434.jpeg
 
Looks like it’s from the shadowing to me.
 
Yea looks like stress and or light shadowing causing it. Normally corals touching causes one good sting and then it stops but this looks like it’s been slowly moving up.
 
I'm just here for the pictures. Always have loved the Garf. Nice looking tank.
 
Thank you for the responses. It's location in the disaplay's probably the reason. I think I'll trim a little of both corals and grow out in the frag tank just to be safe should things get worse.
 
Looks like its shading itself. That's one thing I've noticed about corals with leds they dont get a really good all around lighting effect. I remember when I had halos and t5s they're really never seemed to be shadows. With leds I seem to get alot more shadow effect.
 
Looks like its shading itself. That's one thing I've noticed about corals with leds they dont get a really good all around lighting effect. I remember when I had halos and t5s they're really never seemed to be shadows. With leds I seem to get alot more shadow effect.
I run 4 T-5's and a ReefBright XHO LED. When Shadowing like this occurs, can the acro die off or is it just unsightly?
 
They don't die. They just move up. The base becomes a new formation of the reef foundation, which is why they're always growing in the wild.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new