Do I really need a saltwater test kit?

Really quick question, do I need a saltwater test kit if I have premixed saltwater from a lfs, and I do weekly water changes? I don't see the need for them, if I detect something wrong with my water, i'll do a water change, and if I dont, i'll still do a water change. (nano tanks if that helps)

If you aren’t testing the water, how are you “detecting something wrong with the water”?

Small (10%) water changes can be useless for maintaining water quality. How are you going to determine what percent water to change every week?

Trusting someone else to make saltwater for you is tiresome, expensive and potentially risky.

Flying blind maintaining water quality might not be the wisest choice for your first (I assume) saltwater aquarium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new