Do pods get too large and die?

  • Thread starter Thread starter prsnlty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
7,541
Reaction score
5,049
Location
Citrus Co, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing some rather large pods floating around in the water column that appear to be dead. My water is also hazy and I see lots of white specs floating around. I don't have a manderin to eat them so this is what I am thinking is happening. My perimeters are on the money except PO4 is rising just a tad and I am changing out phosban to rowaphos today.
 
They do shed skin just like shrimp, maybe thats what your seeing.
 
Thank you :) I've seen them swarm but never saw so many large pods just floating around. Just picked up a green spot manderin at my lfs. Hoping he cuts down the population some. lol

125g mixed reef Peninsula
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new