Do qt- all my fishes dies.....

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the classic one last fish, a hippo tang, got ich and it spread. tried me with polyplab medicine, maybe seems to work but not fast enough. after 8 days of treatment I have gutted almost all the fish. hippo doesn't eat, last clownfish lives and a chromis... expect everyone to die as no one except chromis eats

Community Verified icon

WrasseyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
the classic one last fish, a hippo tang, got ich and it spread. tried me with polyplab medicine, maybe seems to work but not fast enough. after 8 days of treatment I have gutted almost all the fish. hippo doesn't eat, last clownfish lives and a chromis... expect everyone to die as no one except chromis eats

Community Verified icon
If your fish have ich, you should use copper. That’s the only medicine that is truly effective.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with what medications are available in Norway. If you have access to coppersafe or copper power or cupramine, that would be the way to go,
If copper not available and if this tank has no invertebrates or corals, hyposalinity would be an option. If you need instructions for either let us know.

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I tried this as it is reef safe (have a lot of corals)

advice wanted on the best method when new fish shall be bought, qt and medicine or low salt level?

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed that was why you chose that product. We have not found it to be effective fighting ich. So QT will be best. Coppersafe or copper power should be dosed at 2.25 - 2.50 ppm . Cupramine should be dosed at 0.50 ppm. Whichever you choose, use two half doses 3 to 6 hours apart. Check concentration after each half dose. Maintain for 30 days. Allow you main tank to remain fishless for 6 to 8 weeks so all parasites die off.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Community Verified icon
Medic is not as effective as claimed and is merely peroxide salts which peroxide does not always work for disease, and you will want to sterile clean tank and reset with copper for the future.
For copper, you will want to place chromis fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back