Do sexy shrimp need a host?

softiesplease

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Messages
395
Reaction score
184
Location
Port St Lucie FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, I am wondering if sexy shrimp need anemones, corals, mushrooms, or macroalgae as a host? Or will they be fine just hanging out on live rock/rubble? Assuming they are in a tank with nothing that would go after them. Didn't find much trying to search for the answer myself. Thanks!
 
similar to clownfish, they don't need a host, but appreciate having one.
 
I use to have 4 sexy shrimps. Initially I gave them both a BTA and RFA, but hanging out on the nems bothered the nem (kept curling up or trying to move). After I removed the shrimps, nems stayed open all day.

Afterwards I put them in another tank without corals and they did fine. Although, these guys don't live long. Mine lasted about 1.5 years before dying one by one, a few months apart.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new