Do these two appear healthy?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2015
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
6,327
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first clams. The derasa has a protrusion and a flap in the mantle I wasn’t expecting to see and is that some bleaching on the maxima or is it all good? Sorry for being the paranoid clam noob!

d4wZLCw.jpg
Wyhf2Qz.jpg
Dd3Ridh.jpg

BEeOl4Q.jpg
 
They look healthy to me...the mantle on the dersera is a little convoluted... But it doesn't look like pinched mantle to me...my squammy has a few ripples in it..
 
The mantles are nicely extended, incurrent siphons are nice and narrow. You are good to go with those clams! That feature on your Derasa is nice and unique, I think, it's the first time that I've seen that.
 
Unfortunately, I don’t know how my clam foray is going to go. My Kole tang has been giving them some trouble. Mostly just grazing on the shell but it has for sure hit the mantel a couple of times. The clams are still opening up at this point and no damage is being done that I can see on the mantles but if clams are as sensitive as people say they are, I don’t know how many times a day they can tolerate the kiss of a tang. The maxima has anchored itself down on a small rock and the derasa is in the sand dish. The tang is bothering the derasa more often than the maxima.
 
Unfortunately, I don’t know how my clam foray is going to go. My Kole tang has been giving them some trouble. Mostly just grazing on the shell but it has for sure hit the mantel a couple of times. The clams are still opening up at this point and no damage is being done that I can see on the mantles but if clams are as sensitive as people say they are, I don’t know how many times a day they can tolerate the kiss of a tang. The maxima has anchored itself down on a small rock and the derasa is in the sand dish. The tang is bothering the derasa more often than the maxima.
If u are up for it, you could use a toothbrush to clean the shell so the tang stops nipping at it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new