• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Do these zoas look dead

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you want him to pay the 50 to send them back... then pay another 50 to have you send him another? This all sounds a little hokey to me. by the time this is done he paid 3x what they're worth and you've hurt your name with all this back and forth. If it were me I'd just refund the money chock it up as a learning lesson and a loss and move on.
Well thats how shipping works. Shipping is not refundable.

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you even saying dude, he is making me pay to ship them back and then pay for more shipping and 25 on top of that for his car fee lol??

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u want him to send u another 4p so youll have 8p total if that frags opens up? Doesnt sounds right to me. Hes already offering to send u another 2 for free so youll have 6p total. This is not a DOA case and he shouldnt even offer u another 2p for free.

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you even saying dude, he is making me pay to ship them back and then pay for more shipping and 25 on top of that for his car fee lol??
Yeh dude. If u want another 4p healthy polyps then send him back the one u got and work out shipping with him for new 4p frag maybe hell even ship it for free

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u want him to send u another 4p so youll have 8p total if that frags opens up? Doesnt sounds right to me. Hes already offering to send u another 2 for free so youll have 6p total. This is not a DOA case and he shouldnt even offer u another 2p for free.
dude read the post. you clearly are not. i said i would toss them in bin i dont want that dead stuff in my tank. Then ill pay for shipping for a 4 poylp...

Last edited by a moderator:

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh dude. If u want another 4p healthy polyps then send him back the one u got and work out shipping with him for new 4p frag maybe hell even ship it for free
you sound like his friend i'm gonna go ahead and ignore you from this conversation the way you responded to both post just that fast seems like it and how you are responding thanks for your input but its not gonna help.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thank god you got that settled for me. I'll sleep better tonight. Lol I know how shipping works dude. But this sounds a little ridiculous for both parties involved. I'd take the 80$ loss and move on.

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thank god you got that settled for me. I'll sleep better tonight. Lol I know how shipping works dude. But this sounds a little ridiculous for both parties involved. I'd take the 80$ loss and move on.
i mean i offered to pay for shipping for new 4 poylps and dump these in the bin lol.. he cant seem to get that through his head idk lol

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean i offered to pay for shipping for new 4 poylps and dump these in the bin lol.. he cant seem to get that through his head idk lol
I think your better off cutting your losses and move on as well.. just my opinion. What happens if the next one you get is in as bad of shape or worse. Gonna pay shipping again?

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your better off cutting your losses and move on as well.. just my opinion. What happens if the next one you get is in as bad of shape or worse. Gonna pay shipping again?
yea i would till i get what i paid for lol. i mean i already initiated fraud for bank so yea but i just really want the zoas...

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not his friend and why would u even toss them if they aint dead? Just ship em back to him and he’ll ship u another and work it out with him he might even cover shipping cost to ship to u.

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not his friend and why would u even toss them if they aint dead? Just ship em back to him and he’ll ship u another and work it out with him he might even cover shipping cost to ship to u.
they are dead, i am not sending them back with my shipping and no he will not pay for another 4 poylp to be shipped im pretty sure he wouldn't not even worth my time i can toss them out as they are dead i mean he even said put them in bleach LOL

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are dead, i am not sending them back with my shipping and no he will not pay for another 4 poylp to be shipped im pretty sure he wouldn't not even worth my time i can toss them out as they are dead i mean he even said put them in bleach LOL

Arriving looking like this aint dead. They're just stressed out from shipping. If they melted in your tank then thats not the sellers fault.
The only way zoas/palys die is when they melt away.
5499CCF6-7B6A-474C-A408-2B558AAE370E.png

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arriving looking like this aint dead. They're just stressed out from shipping. If they melted in your tank then thats not the sellers fault.
The only way zoas/palys die is when they melt away.
5499CCF6-7B6A-474C-A408-2B558AAE370E.png

I am on the sellers side on this one what ever you wanna say. You got what you paid for. He shipped it to you and it arrived alive. What ever you did from that point that cause them to melt/die is your fault.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The other picture of the coral does look dead. I am a "seller" I don't ship but I always make sure to take care of the customers. I always put myself in somebody else shoes if their is a problem. I respond how I would want to be taken care of if the timeline and everything else checks out. I am with the buyer on this one.

grisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the sellers side on this one what ever you wanna say. You got what you paid for. He shipped it to you and it arrived alive. What ever you did from that point that cause them to melt/die is your fault.
It’s very tricky,
is it his fault if zoa came in dying and there is nothing he could do to save them?
What if you bought a live, but quite puppy and he weathered away in few weeks? And you vet tells you he was sick? Is it your foul and you shouldn’t get your money back from the store? Tricky
I don’t believe in “dead means melted away inside the bag witthin 2 hours”policy.
If I have thriving zoa tank and new zoa never opened up, sorry, could of be that extra stress with no heat pack.
Buying and selling expensive Live animal always requires a lot of trust and reputation.
If I just spent $1500 on 10 frags and they arrived in bad shape, but not melted, cold, I would be upset and wanted my money back for what ever dyes next few days. And if only half opened up few weeks later, what it’s my problem?
I also very much feel for the seller. There are plenty of hustlers out here threatening with bad reviews and demanding refunds.
when Im in this situation I just cut losses and refund.
I hope both dudes will work this out at the end once they put themselves in each other’s shoes

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very tricky,
is it his fault if zoa came in dying and there is nothing he could do to save them?
What if you bought a live, but quite puppy and he weathered away in few weeks? And you vet tells you he was sick? Is it your foul and you shouldn’t get your money back from the store? Tricky
I don’t believe in “dead means melted away inside the bag witthin 2 hours”policy.
If I have thriving zoa tank and new zoa never opened up, sorry, could of be that extra stress with no heat pack.
Buying and selling expensive Live animal always requires a lot of trust and reputation.
If I just spent $1500 on 10 frags and they arrived in bad shape, but not melted, cold, I would be upset and wanted my money back for what ever dyes next few days. And if only half opened up few weeks later, what it’s my problem?
I also very much feel for the seller. There are plenty of hustlers out here threatening with bad reviews and demanding refunds.
when Im in this situation I just cut losses and refund.
I hope both dudes will work this out at the end once they put themselves in each other’s shoes
All i want is living jason fox bloodshot zoas for what i paid for lol. i offered to repay more shipping again

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issue I see is that seller is asking for the frag back and buyer to pay for that shipping. I’ve never shipped coral but I’ve received coral that was properly packed “heat pack”. So the seller took the chance of sending something sloppy. Seller needs to take it as a loss and make it right, cutting corners to ship and arrives at a low temp is HIS fault.
Asking for extra 25 for time, gas, and heat packs....don’t worry about heat packs now...you sure didn’t the first time. Gas....wouldn’t be worrying about gas if you didn’t cut corners.
Then you state, you will have to make a new frag....do you usually cut to order and I’m ASSUMING you ship out right away without healing?

Last edited by a moderator:

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If a coral shows up heat damaged (too hot or too cold) due to poor packaging is on the seller and its the seller's responsibility to make it right. Shipping cold weather to warm or visa versa is difficult and takes careful consideration. It's also expensive to ship stuff if you're investing in good packaging.

Shipping something that arrives heat damaged and asking the buyer to 'wait it out' and 'see what happens' is not totally unreasonable. However, at the end of the day the expectation is that the coral arrives in generally good condition and if the buyer requests reshipping a comparable frag that's not unreasonable either. In this case we're talking about a Bloodshot zoa, a temperamental zoa to begin with, so the prospects aren't great. Heat damaged zoas can linger months before recovering or succumbing.

I've received corals that where heat damaged due to poor shipping (over heating) and the vendors have always made it right. For all the boxes I've shipped out I've had to reship one or two. You just do it. You take care of your fellow hobbyist when stuff isn't right.

Taking a level tone and showing some compassion and respect goes a lot way when stuff gets messed up, but it seems these two fellas are well past that at this point. Let this be a lesson to everyone else about clearly defining your DOA policy, expectations and generally how to comport yourself.

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats true. But at the same time what if the frag opens up within couple days? The buyer should have let the seller know that it was too cold when it arrived. Which he did but demanded a refund asap. I would have wait it out and see what happens. Also not acclimating properly would have added more stress to the already very stressed coral. And from the pic it looks like the rock its on is white, is this a new tank? Why not post ur parameters?
But yeah I hope both dudes will work this out at the end. Also zoas dont die unless they melt away. Ive had zoas closed up for almost 2 months and one day they just open back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back