Do We Have Wifi Capability for Möbius Yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, I've got 4 x Versas in-box, preparing to hook them for ATO, AWC, and A4R dosing for 3 systems. I will need ability to change dosing amounts while I'm out of town, which i can't currently do with my Mobius configuration.

Can i control my Versas while I'm away? Looks like this has been a user request since Möbius was launched. I'm an Ecotech fanboy, but WiFi is a deal breaker me.

Fingers crossed for good news - thanks in advance.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, I've got 4 x Versas in-box, preparing to hook them for ATO, AWC, and A4R dosing for 3 systems. I will need ability to change dosing amounts while I'm out of town, which i can't currently do with my Mobius configuration.

Can i control my Versas while I'm away? Looks like this has been a user request since Möbius was launched. I'm an Ecotech fanboy, but WiFi is a deal breaker me.

Fingers crossed for good news - thanks in advance.
If you have apex you can use an mxm module but idk if it works with the dosing pumps yet.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No Wifi and the MXM doesn't control the Versas as of now.

I did see someone say there is a way to have a tablet by the tank and remote into the tablet and then control the Mobius equipment this way. Might be worth looking into

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have apex you can use an mxm module but idk if it works with the dosing pumps yet.

No Wifi and the MXM doesn't control the Versas as of now.

I did see someone say there is a way to have a tablet by the tank and remote into the tablet and then control the Mobius equipment this way. Might be worth looking into

Booooo… boooo.

Yep exactly. Gotta admit, I'm almost floored by the idea that Ecotech doesn't have this figured out yet. I've been a huge Ecotech advocate and customer since gen 1 Vortechs, and i never imagined leaving.

I imagine remote control capability is a dealbreaker for many. Under no uncertain terms do I need to be able to make adjustments to these pumps while I'm out of blue tooth range. I'm glad i asked the question now, while pumps are still in the box.

If I am relegated to purchasing a controller for my aquarium (something I specifically didn't want to do for this build) then i will purchase the ecosystem (including the Neptune dosing pumps) and not Frankenstein them together.

Good news is, I'll be able to buy everything i need from Neptune and still have $$ leftover after i sell the Versas.

If anyone is interested, LMK. 3 ea of the 4-pump setups NIB, and one a couple years old, in excellent condition.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the Versas way more than the DOS. They are quiet and have more functionality. You shouldn’t be making any dosing changes when you aren’t right by the tank anyway. Way too many stories of someone messing with dosing where they accidentally turn the pump on, don’t know, and it runs for hours before they notice.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep exactly. Gotta admit, I'm almost floored by the idea that Ecotech doesn't have this figured out yet. I've been a huge Ecotech advocate and customer since gen 1 Vortechs, and i never imagined leaving.

I imagine remote control capability is a dealbreaker for many. Under no uncertain terms do I need to be able to make adjustments to these pumps while I'm out of blue tooth range. I'm glad i asked the question now, while pumps are still in the box.

If I am relegated to purchasing a controller for my aquarium (something I specifically didn't want to do for this build) then i will purchase the ecosystem (including the Neptune dosing pumps) and not Frankenstein them together.

Good news is, I'll be able to buy everything i need from Neptune and still have $$ leftover after i sell the Versas.

If anyone is interested, LMK. 3 ea of the 4-pump setups NIB, and one a couple years old, in excellent condition.
I have MP40s only. Im selling my radions, too expensive for what you get. Only reason I have the mxm is to slow the pumps when I activate feed mode. For my doser I have the Kamor F4 Pro. It has WiFi so if I need to make adjustments remotely I can but I rarely interface with it so I barely use the app.

But I agree. They already have the WiFi chip built in believe or is it Bluetooth? Either way for the price you pay they should have WiFi. The chip is easily replaceable as well, surprised they haven’t released a WiFi chip that you can upgrade to.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the Versas way more than the DOS. They are quiet and have more functionality.

So what does the Versa do that the DOS doesn't do? I mean besides not connect to WiFi?

You shouldn’t be making any dosing changes when you aren’t right by the tank anyway.

Last trip I was on, I was gone long enough that Alk consumption increased, and Alk dropped low enough for some corals to RTN. Not sure how this (not unreasonable) circumstance could be counted in your bucket. Obviously this would warrant the need to remotely change the daily dosing volume. While I was not standing next to the tank.

Way too many stories of someone messing with dosing where they accidentally turn the pump on, don’t know, and it runs for hours before they notice.

If this is true, then the software needs work, or the hardware needs work. Either way, if something as simple as a change of volume for a daily dosing regimen can't be executed without the probability of impending disaster, then this isn't a good solution for me, or my animals.

I anticipate this convo spiraling away quickly, so I'll just say this. I need a water movement solution that is versatile, capable, and reliable - there is no other option. The Versa checks only one of these boxes, so I need to find something else.

I appreciate the info and feedback.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back