Do you all use dosters in nanos?

Wolters_88

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
938
Reaction score
367
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 32 G biocube and was wondering if you all use dosers. Didn’t know if that seems like overkill with such a small tank.
 
On my 20 gallon nuvo. I had to run a doser. My dkh was dropping 1.2 dkh a day and it was a 90% softie tank. Early on, it sounds like overkill but when your tank fills out completely, it's a whole different story.
 
I do....Used a jaebo for a couple of years in my 32 then moved to the Coral box wifi.
Was thinking the coral box WiFi with Voss bottles. Do you all know where to get these stickers?

32EC5610-8559-4193-87A7-7FEB15F157A9.jpeg
 
I have a 20-long. I use a Jebao, but I'm getting air bubbles. Once I get that straightened out, I think it's going to be great.
 
I have to dose as my ALK will bottom out before my next week's water change. A couple sps, couple hammers, trumpet, and some zoa's and a decent mushroom leather in my Max nano 20 gallon. 6-7 gallon weekly water changes are not enough. I'm at 15 ml alk daily, hand dose before bed. Water changes take care of Cal/mag
 
I have to dose as my ALK will bottom out before my next week's water change. A couple sps, couple hammers, trumpet, and some zoa's and a decent mushroom leather in my Max nano 20 gallon. 6-7 gallon weekly water changes are not enough. I'm at 15 ml alk daily, hand dose before bed. Water changes take care of Cal/mag
Ya, I think I’m going to hand dose until I get a working knowledge of what my tank needs daily.
 
The current state of my nano.
 

Attachments

  • 77F8F8CB-A37D-4006-A814-12D65C0CE35F.jpeg
    77F8F8CB-A37D-4006-A814-12D65C0CE35F.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 54

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new