Do You Buy Fish During Large Sales?

Do You Buy Fish During Large Sales?

  • I only buy fish during sales.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will sometimes buy fish during a sale.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sales dont infuleunce my decision.

    Votes: 6 75.0%
  • I will avoid buying fish during a sale.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will never buy fish during a sale.

    Votes: 1 12.5%

  • Total voters
    8

Schlafrig

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2025
Messages
109
Reaction score
56
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience large holiday sales end up costing me more than paying full price. Ive now had two experiences with losing a majority of fish Ive bought during large sales. Most recently was during a Memorial Day sale, I also had a bad experience during Black Friday. Both were from different LFS as well. Im curious if other people have also experienced similar things or if Im just unlucky. My going theory is the LFS gets a large shipment right before the sale, which adds extra stress to the fish as well as poor quality livestock to live just long enough for you to take home. After losing a Royal Gramma and Blue Eye kole tang within 24 hours of purchase this past weekend I will NEVER buy fish during sales again.
 
Fish aren't an item I've ever considered buying on sale but i don't think I've ever seen a fish sale around here and I don't buy fish online. I only buy fish that have been in the store for a few weeks and never buy new arrivals unless I'm buying them still bagged. I have a LFS that has the arrival date of all fish marked on the tanks which is very helpful and wish they would all do it. I've verified the dates are accurate because I've seen them marking new arrival dates when adding fish .
 
Fish aren't an item I've ever considered buying on sale but i don't think I've ever seen a fish sale around here and I don't buy fish online. I only buy fish that have been in the store for a few weeks and never buy new arrivals unless I'm buying them still bagged. I have a LFS that has the arrival date of all fish marked on the tanks which is very helpful and wish they would all do it. I've verified the dates are accurate because I've seen them marking new arrival dates when adding fish .
There was a few LFS near me that did 15% - 20% off fish for Memorial Day and Black Friday was up to 40% off. I wish the LFS near me marked down the arrival date, that would be very helpful in deciding what to buy.
 
Funny enough, I don't usually get livestock on sale. Complete opposite of how I am towards almost anything. If I want/need a fish or an invert for my tank, I'm going to go get it, haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new