Do you enjoy fragging / propagating corals?

• YES

Votes: 83 89.2%
  • NO

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Inspired from another thread!

DSCF5235_zps7f451949.jpg

Mrfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. I love to chop up a chalice and see it in a few growing over the glue.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually my wife enjoys fragging. So, on my way out I'll say something like, "I think we should frag that Euphyllia." She takes pride in her frags and she's actually very good at it. Her name on our local forum is fragginmama.

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fun because you can frag and watch new colonies grow from just a single polyp or eye

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my frags have all been accidental and I didn't perticularly enjoy it, but seeing the new frags grow into new colonies is very rewarding, so I don't really know which to choose in the poll LOL

I guess I'll have to answer YES :)

wyoreefer307

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love fragging corals. To be able to watch a new coral grow or even trade the frag and have a friend enjoy the coral is awesome.

Derbird

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do enjoy fragging up my zoanthid corals. For much of the same reasons. Seeing it grow and thrive and being able to share and trade with friends. That being said though I have yet to be brave enough to cut up living tissue. I have a Sinularia leather that is almost two feet across that is in need of it. But the though of cutting off an arm creeps me out lol.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to grow frags from single polyps or eyes.... But fragging myself....LOL...I hate it.... A slip of the scalpel and chopped 4 clementines right in half and cut my finger... I always freak out that I am going to kill the colony.

Last edited:

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel fragging is therapeutic. helps relive stress and forget about life's troubles.

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very enjoyable indeed! I treat my tank like I do my outside garden, the only differences is I save EVERYTHING from my tank and only a few things from the garden. But it's amazing how when you frag something how it propagates faster and fuller.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it, but find I have to do it all the time

I glue/putty everything down in my tank, so to frag something it usually means tearing the scape apart and then trying to get it back together
But because of growth, competition, overcrowding, etc i always find myself cutting something up

Sure the money is nice to help with expenses and new purchases but I like my corals big and after waiting a year or so to grow out a nice colony of something, I just hate to have to cut it.

Sps aren't bad cause you can just reach in and snip a branch here or there and they quickly regrow, but for me to cut zoas that have spread all over the rock it is a huge pain

But Because I hate corals over growing and killing each other even more - I am forced to frag

StevenBell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy it quite a bit!So much so that as soon as im done in the Marine Corps and with school,I plan on starting something like Tidal Gardens has going on!I find it so rewarding!

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love fragging,it's awesome being able to trade your frag for other frags

Kawicivic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual act of fragging and getting sticky fingers from glue and in and out of my tank so many times is not very fun. I voted yes, because I truly enjoy the outcome and growing of fragged corals. One of these days I will have a large shallow system to use as a frag tank and then maybe it will be better.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back