Do you enjoy fragging / propagating corals?

Do you enjoy fragging / propagating corals?

• YES

Votes: 83 89.2%
  • NO

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to frag

Its my aquatic garden and i get to harvest my fruit...to pay for all the zoas i want....wife calls it monopoly money becuase she never sees it..lol

DSCF8197.jpg
DSCF8198.jpg
DSCF8200.jpg
DSCF8201.jpg
DSCF8202.jpg

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No! I like growing huge colonies.

But since I grow them in a 50 gallon tank, this makes fragging my #1 weakness. My kryptonite, if you will.

I need to find someone who likes to frag, but can't grow colonies worth a hoot and team up! :) :)

-Matt

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I can hardly wait till my corals grow out enough to frag so I can trade the frags for other frags ♡

st1doppelganger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u9eja3uj.jpg

My fluval edge reef has made me accept that accidental fragging will happen when I do maintenance.

That pic is from when I did some aquascaping of the rock work and I was not too happy with how much of my digitata I broke LOL.

Carter o51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any advice for fragging zoas on a rock without destroying the rock or breaking it? I have some id like to frag but I'm too scared haha

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any advice for fragging zoas on a rock without destroying the rock or breaking it? I have some id like to frag but I'm too scared haha

Iv done it using a razor blade works the best imo

Haddonis Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to frag my anemones cause it helps to pay for the hobby, always need salt carbon oh dam a pump went out. Ya just never know when that screaming deal just popped up on equipment or that new bad **** new coral.

Funlad3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge proponent of coral propagation. It offsets the cost of colonies, it decreaces the price of frags for fellow hobbiests, and it decreaces the stress of the hobby on the environment.

Go fragging!

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, More just to supplement the cost, I ushually split my frags into 2 when I get them for backup sake incase something happens to one. But I hate cutting my older corals, Always enjoy watching them grow larger. I only frag when I'm low on money or want to pay for some new thing that's popped in my head.

Cut my war coral colony in two yesterday and I hated it! Felt like I was killing it (its fine) but I don't enjoy cutting a 2 year old colony.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my colonies to grow large and only frag them when they are outgrowing their room or are killing each other. Well, then there is always a few trades. Unfortunately, huge colonies make a lot of frags when you break them down and that's a lot of work.

I should have voted no, although I do like the money and store credit from making frags. I'm on the fence I guess. ;)

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heck yea i love fragging.! i fragged something at 2am last night lol.!

sometimes i get bored and i go look for things that need to be fragged or i want to make another colony out of. :)!

im a fragahaloiccccccccccccccc

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy fragging, so much I have considered not having a display tank. The only problem I have is finding people that want the frags. Lots of people show interest, but always flake out when its time to buy.

slate744

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy fragging, so much I have considered not having a display tank. The only problem I have is finding people that want the frags. Lots of people show interest, but always flake out when its time to buy.

I have the same issue. 1/3-1/2 my display is frag racks right now lol.

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to fragging and trading I can't remember the last time I spend cash on coral :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back