Do you have multiple QT tanks?

Do you have separate qt tanks for fish/corals?

• Total voters

coralnutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that QT, do you have a qt tank for fish and a separate for corals? I'm just getting back into the hobby after about a 15 year break. We have a little nano tank and didn't qt anything, just rolled the dice.

However we're setting up a bigger tank downstairs and not willing to roll the dice on a more expensive project. For surely going to setup a qt tank for fish. Thinking about a 2nd just for corals. I have a 36" led fixture to use for the coral tank and petco has 50% sale. I can get 2 40 breeders with stands for about 300. Some filters and should be set.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a 30 gallon set up all the time, presently it’s a mess, LOL. Also I have a 29 gallon and a 15 gallon I can set up really fast. Using water from my Display. I’ve also used my 29 Oceanic as a Coral Quarantine. It’s supposed to be a Coral Frag grow out, but can’t get it stabilized.

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting closer towards completion of my 40b build and currently have a 10g fish observation/ qt. I already had the gen1 Fiji aio insert. Rugf through 1 inch, cut to fit foam. Currently have 2 black mollies in and slowly raising salinity.
I needed a light for my 10g qt project..
Nicrew 7w USB light

IMG_20231116_052741566_HDR.jpg IMG_20231116_052752822_HDR.jpg

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pondering the same question. I have a pretty young 120g DT in my office at work. To support the addition of fish over the next year I setup a 10 gallon AIO tank on my desk where I quarantine new additions.

As the DT stabilizes and I start to think about adding corral, I'm wondering what I am going to do about it. I'm considering setting up a frag tank style setup at home, and just brining the coral into the office when ready, but how do you get a qt tank stable enough for coral?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back