Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy- the pygmy perchlet
Leeloo-mcosker wrasse
Caliopi & maximo - gladiator clowns
Bob dante-magnifica
Koosh - torch
Nubs-the pocillopora frag that got decimated by the green coral eating bicolor blenny formally known as glen, then renamed satan, now renamed and rehomed after an epic trapping, fishing extravaganza into a full tank tare down just to get him 2 weeks later...all the while munching down poor nubs to a white skeleton and 5 polys

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish...yes...2 clowns pair - bill and ted...goby - slim...lawnmower blenny - scooter...sexy shrimp - Stewart as in Rod Stewart....and a new powder blue...no name yet

JMR5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes...much to my sadness when one dies. Bengai cardinals...Bonnie and Clyde. Oddball melanarus who survived his other brother...Darryl. Second Hippo? Ellen. So yeah...fish get named, and a moment of silence if something happens. Currently my Ringtail is in QT because of super ich, his name is Fred!

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I name my fish, and some inverts.
I was planning to list them with pics, but for some reason I can't seem to attach anything to posts today. :confused:
Haha!! I can upload pics again!!! (Still no clue what was wrong earlier) unfortunately fish don't understand that they need to stay still and pose, so some pics came out blurry even though they didn't look thay way when I was taking them. Maybe I will upload clearer pics tomorrow, if I can get any lol.

The Ghost
20200824_124214.jpg

The Darkness
20200824_124222.jpg

Colonel Patterson (No longer in this tank and instead moved to my other tank)
20200824_124601.jpg

Wyatt Earp
20200824_124313.jpg

Doc Holliday (the reason I had to move Colonel Patterson to the other tank)(fun fact, red huckleberry berries are this shade of pinkish, so this fish is "my huckleberry")
20200824_124303.jpg

Thanos (the gramma, not the shrimp)
20200824_124358.jpg

Prince
20200824_124515.jpg

Turbo, destroyer of algae
20200824_124436.jpg

Jean-Conch Van Damme, conch who roundhouses the destroyer of algae across the tank on a monthly basis
20200824_124422.jpg

And the one I want to name but so far haven't come up with a good character/actor/historical figure to name it after (feel free to make suggestions),
20200824_124430.jpg

Crowbar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I name most of my fish. Right now, my crew is:
Thoughts & Prayers - clownfish pair
Shawn & Gus - Watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair
Aquarioon & Aquarienne - other clownfish pair
Toro - algae blenny
Tobias - hawkfish

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippo tang: Dory. (Wanted to name her Alice, but I have grand kids.) :(
2 engineer gobies: Greg and Mazey.
Yellow tang: Sunshine. (My wife named that one.)
Mated pair of banggai cardinals: Jack and Diane.
Flame hawk: Henry. (Named after the chick in the Foghorn-leghorn cartoon who thinks he's a chicken hawk.)
Yellow eye kole tang: Wally. (From the movie Hot Shots. The guy with walleye vision.)
One spot foxface: Ray. (My mother named this one cause she says that foxes are raynards. Who knew?)
Midas Blenny: Janice. (Joplin. I have no idea why.):rolleyes:
Matted file fish: Punkin. (Just cause.)
Pincushion urchin: Oliver. (Twist. Well, yeah.)
Tuxedo urchin: Tennessee. (If you're old enough, you'll know why.)
Melanaurus wrasse: Mel. (Pretty original.)

I haven't named any of the corals. WAY too much to remember.

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kids name our fish and they’re SUPER creative. So see if you can figure out what kind of fish these are...

Dori
Mrs. Nemo
Mr. Nemo
Foxface
Black Cap

;Woot

Seriously though, they did come up with one creative name. My son named our Spotted Goby: Spitfire
This, and also my son with the snails "I'll name this one gary" How do you know which one out of the 8 just like him it is? "I will know!"

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering, do you name your fish or corals? If so, what are some cool names and why did you choose it?
I have a Midas Blenny who's name is Shakira because she shakes her hips when she swims!

1666588-e6ef09a23ac1be0e6e48362f4673cc27.jpg

Haha, my Fiance names all of my fish, but not the coral. My Midas Blenny's name is "Lenny the Blenny"

NCMamacita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! My clowns are Oscar and Hank, chromis are Chip & Dale, banded coral shrimp is Jacques, and diamond goby is Hoover. I’ve lost track of CUC names, but my son has named every one of them!
And we just bought a lawn mower blenny today. My husband wants to call him Riddick because he will get ”rid” of the algae...lol!

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really name any of my fish except my Sargassum trigger, his name is d I c k, seems like he always gets a hair up his butt and decides to attack my other 3 triggers, none of the other 10 fish though, although the other 3 triggers fight back now. Seems to happen once a week for no reason.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back