Do you need a control for a wifi strip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter augie23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

augie23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
25
Location
Plainfield
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a Control 2 or 4 to be able to use a Wifi power strip or can you add one to the app solo? I didn’t know if they can work stand alone or require the controller. Thanks
 
Do you need a Control 2 or 4 to be able to use a Wifi power strip or can you add one to the app solo? I didn’t know if they can work stand alone or require the controller. Thanks


It does require a controller. :cool:
 
I Dont understand your question. So you bought a control 4 and a extra hydros power bar?
Yes, I bought a second power bar, it delivered before my control 4. My plan was to use it at my mixing station, not a big deal I just have to wait for my Control to arrive to make it all work
 
If this changes, please let us know. Currently this controller is the front runner if I decide to go with one. Buying the wifi strip would be a no brainer if I could use it now.
 
Ok just so everyone knows . You need to either have a control 2 or a control 4 to use the WiFi power strips.

One of the plus sides of having the WiFi power strips is mobility . You can have your Control near the tank and the WiFi power strip in a different location if needed.
 
im in the same boat, i need a wifi power strip to control lights but not a full-blown controller (yet). if i could've used the hydros strip as a standalone with the app i would've, but now it looks like i'll have to go with something else. and in turn id probably upgrade to the control in the future (as id already be in the hydros ecosystem) but now i may not. why can't it be controlled by the app alone? there are other wifi strips that are nearly identical that can be
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new