Do you need a control for a wifi strip?

augie23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a Control 2 or 4 to be able to use a Wifi power strip or can you add one to the app solo? I didn’t know if they can work stand alone or require the controller. Thanks

OP
OP
A

augie23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Dont understand your question. So you bought a control 4 and a extra hydros power bar?
Yes, I bought a second power bar, it delivered before my control 4. My plan was to use it at my mixing station, not a big deal I just have to wait for my Control to arrive to make it all work

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this changes, please let us know. Currently this controller is the front runner if I decide to go with one. Buying the wifi strip would be a no brainer if I could use it now.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just so everyone knows . You need to either have a control 2 or a control 4 to use the WiFi power strips.

One of the plus sides of having the WiFi power strips is mobility . You can have your Control near the tank and the WiFi power strip in a different location if needed.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the same boat, i need a wifi power strip to control lights but not a full-blown controller (yet). if i could've used the hydros strip as a standalone with the app i would've, but now it looks like i'll have to go with something else. and in turn id probably upgrade to the control in the future (as id already be in the hydros ecosystem) but now i may not. why can't it be controlled by the app alone? there are other wifi strips that are nearly identical that can be

Back