OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly, but when I was a kid we had a swimming pool with a big DE filter. It was a massive pain in the butt to clean.
Today we have these, self cleaning now. For pools, some members here use in their equipment

shopping (1).jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pool is saltwater, But I would never put a fish in it even with a DE filter...haha
At 18 years old, 1987. I used to help maintain two public swimming pools and you would find and see a lot of things in there, many were not a pretty sight.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 18 years old, 1987. I used to help maintain two public swimming pools and you would find and see a lot of things in there, many were not a pretty sight.

I can't imaging...But do remember many times it was easier to jump in the public pool to pee instead of walking way over to the john.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know I'm hot rodding mine, glass jar will have activated carbon, as much that will fit, then the discharge of Vortex will go thru a pre-filter cartridge(4.5" x 10"), cartridge will hold DE powder. The instructions say, for continuous use. We'll see how long seal last. If need be viton seal coming. My children of the sea very picky of their water.

1388187-8f2760d133364d4ff1dc8b62e88acaec.jpg

actually, this is an interesting idea. Run the output through activated carbon or something like that. I like, I like….

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks very familiar to me. I think my Brother bought several of them when he was in the SW Business in the early 90's.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back