Do you split up feedings for fish and coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JPUA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JPUA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2013
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Location
Birmingham, Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its best to feed the coral at night when they are extended, but do you just mix enough food that evening and feed fish when lights are on and then let the food sit until the lights go out and then feed the leftover food to the corals that night?
 
I don't feed photosynthetic corals. I let them feed on the zooplankton in the tank and whatever they catch when I feed the fish.
 
I only feed my fish at night. My fuzzy dwarf is a nocturnal hunter and the clowns don't seem to care. I just turn the power heads off. I don't target feed the corals. They get some of what settles. I have decent growth on all my corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new