Do you think this contributed to your success?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwair
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So my tank is about to hit 6 months soon. I've been mainly doing LPS/Softies. I've got a purple stylo, digi, some montis and soon getting some tester acros cheap ones.

I've been saving money and pretty soon I can get the Apex + Trident combo. Not the doser right away (figure I can hand dose until I save enough for the doser).

I'm wanting to convert this tank to bare bottom and go full on SPS, eventually. I'm going to do the tester acros for a few months and maybe around the 1 year mark, go full blown sps.

I've never kept them before (I mean easy ones here and there, but never full blown SPS). I keep my levels decently stable without the Trident, but I've heard how much SPS can consume daily, so I figure I "need" the trident to keep things stable.

However it is alot of money for that equipment and I do want to upgrade my tank size. Waterbox 100.3 right now. Would like to go 120+

So I'm sitting here debating on whether the Apex + Trident is really worth it, or could I get away without it. I know SPS tanks have been kept for years prior to the trident, but this piece of equipment sounds like its game changing, making it so much easier to keep levels stable...

Thoughts?
Auto dosing is much higher priority than a trident. It's easy enough to do one Alk test per day, it takes less than a minute, and the other parameters are much less important to test daily or even weekly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new