Do you use dip test strips, Tetra Easy Strip 6 in 1

BubbleFullOfStars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon nano reef, I manually check the temp, salinity, PH, and ALK daily (Hanna checkers and probes) . I test for CAL and magnesium once a week (Red Sea pro Cal, Salifert). I test and log new saltwater batches for all of those. I test monthly for Phosphates, Nitrates, and Nitrites (Hanna checkers).

I have a new 20 gallon reef going that is pre-live stock. To get the general direction of the new tank I've started using Tetra 6 in 1 strips. I get an idea of PH, ALK, Nitrate, and Nitrite. It's super easy, if I have questions about the reading, I can use a real test kit.
for verification.

Is anyone relying on these strips for regular testing?

Check out the video below, please let me know what you think, or if you have any questions.
My Nano Anemone tank

Thanks for reading my post. May the Force be with you, also, live long and prosper.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s great for nitrite and nitrate. I use them often for that but for everything else you will need better test kits. It’ll let you know if something is really off but you don’t want to get to that point.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon nano reef, I manually check the temp, salinity, PH, and ALK daily (Hanna checkers and probes) . I test for CAL and magnesium once a week (Red Sea pro Cal, Salifert). I test and log new saltwater batches for all of those. I test monthly for Phosphates, Nitrates, and Nitrites (Hanna checkers).

I have a new 20 gallon reef going that is pre-live stock. To get the general direction of the new tank I've started using Tetra 6 in 1 strips. I get an idea of PH, ALK, Nitrate, and Nitrite. It's super easy, if I have questions about the reading, I can use a real test kit.
for verification.

Is anyone relying on these strips for regular testing?

Check out the video below, please let me know what you think, or if you have any questions.
My Nano Anemone tank

Thanks for reading my post. May the Force be with you, also, live long and prosper.
I don't rely on the 6 in 1 testing. But I do use them from time to time, when I don't have the ability or time to use my Nutrafin 10 tests, along with three better Hannah checkers

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back