Do you Zeo?

Do you use any of the Zeo Methods?

• Yes it works great!

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Yes but I wasn't pleased with the results.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No but I'd like to give it a try.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No what is it?

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting that Eggie, I couldn't find a link to anywhere that thoroughly explained it all.

Paul, right now all I've been doing is the Vodka and Vit-C, for around 4 months I believe. I have seen results in nutrient reduction, film algae disappearing, coral coloration increasing (not much), increased skimmate (a lot), and it seems to be helping decrease the growth rate of this nuisance algae I have growing. I think once I do the full-blown Zeo I will see these results 10x over and be a lot happier.

I have experienced exactly the same results as you. I love being able to feed more and still have my nitrates at zero. The film algae on the glass is huge also. I'm not sure what experiences you had, but I was dosing vodka only and then tried to go vit c only and my film algae came back on the glass. I also had hair algae issues that have all but disappeared.

I am dosing 1ml-vodka and 1/4 tsp-Vit c in the morning and then the same at night before I go to bed. so 2ml-vodka and 1/2 tsp Vit c per day on a 100 gal system. This is my maintainence dose. I started with .04 ml of vodka and worked my way up from there. I was up to 6ml of vodka per day initially to bring my Nitrates and Phosphates down.

I almost forgot. I also dose 1amp of biodigest per month just for some diversity in bacteria.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back