Does a Neptune DOS profile disable the Schedule

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I correct in thinking that setting a Neptune DOS profile through advanced settings on the DOS means the set schedule will not run? I can't see any other way to remove the interval. Screenshots attached.

Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 12.23.52.png Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 12.24.46.png

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you show will override the schedule, but may still not work as intended.

I am interested in what you are trying to do to make sure you are going about it the right way.

More than likely that Set FWS-RTN is gonna cause you issues and is better done in the schedule.

OP
OP
psumms

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pushing 50ml into the tank, then clearing the line back to the container with a 100ml reverse.

I believe the set profile is the recommended way to do this so that it runs automatically after the called profile. @ZombieEngineer What issues do you think this will cause?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pushing 50ml into the tank, then clearing the line back to the container with a 100ml reverse.

I believe the set profile is the recommended way to do this so that it runs automatically after the called profile. @ZombieEngineer What issues do you think this will cause?
One issue is that anytime the apex reboots, you change the state to off for any reason including maintenance it will drain 100ml

Using the set does simplify the coding, so if you are okay with that unintended behavior, then you could leave it as is.

Otherwise, I would use Set OFF, add another if time statement for the remove profile and if you need the test output to remove too, make another VO for that that defers and place the line for that VO right above your test output.

OP
OP
psumms

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that's fine, it's a dosing pump, the reverse just sucks air to clear the lines.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back