Does Acropora send out spores?

Utahsaltnoob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2018
Messages
101
Reaction score
114
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

probably a noob question but I have a twig of acropora that is doing well and I noticed recently that it looks like a patch is growing away from the plug!
I’m. It sure how it got there but I’m stoked it’s growing. Does acropora send out seedlings?

84B43696-907B-4460-9E38-795CEA7C725B.jpeg
 
No they don't. They do encrust around the frag plug a little. Acros send out eggs and sperm at certain times of the year when conditions are right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new