Does adding carbon cause the skimmer to overflow?

nghesi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday,I dosed a tube of bio digest ( I always use Microbacter 7 ) and a tube of bio tim to my 64 lit tank and today i dose 5ml Nopox to my tank and my skimmer got overflow , does Cacbon dosing effect the skimmers or microbacter 7 not coincide with bio digest, any one help me an advise what i have to do now ? Now i turn of skimmer .

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye it can! Better switch off your skimmer when dosing these things. Pretty sure that it is also recommended when you read the instructions? :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal organic carbon dosing does not cause a skimmer to overflow, but I do not know what they put in that product. It's also possible that any given tank may have particular organisms that respond to organic carbon dosing by releasing chemicals that themselves can impact skimming.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yesterday,I dosed a tube of bio digest ( I always use Microbacter 7 ) and a tube of bio tim to my 64 lit tank and today i dose 5ml Nopox to my tank and my skimmer got overflow , does Cacbon dosing effect the skimmers or microbacter 7 not coincide with bio digest, any one help me an advise what i have to do now ? Now i turn of skimmer .
Adding carbon or changing filter socks can do this. If switching either turn skimmer off for an hour or so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back