Does anyone at this company actually check emails ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues here. Sent an email, never got a response. I didn't call because my order was placed on a Sunday and I wanted to let them know of an issue before they packaged it, so I sent it out super early AM Monday morning before I left for work (~5:30AM CST), there was no response to it ever, the unit shipped, and I ended up calling them to make a return on it. As noted above, phone call was instantly answered. To everyone saying "CALL!" that's fine, they're great at the phone support, but if you offer email support, you can't expect people not to take issue when there's a lack of response on it.

Now to be clear, I'm not upset that they didn't respond, I knew it would get taken care of eventually one way or another, which it did, and I knew it was the Presidents Day sale so they were probably hammered.

Still, I do most of my ordering on the weekend and I think it would be awesome if they had a reduced staffing on the weekends, even if it was just phone/chat support, heck I'd settle for it being just one or the other. Like today, I just placed a massive order that was so big Paypal put a hold on it, and the BRS site says "Call us to correct this."... well that's great, but if nobody is there to answer the phone, it doesn't help the situation. Now I'll have to make time during my Monday while I'm at work (since BRS's phone support is only open during my working hours) to address it.

So long story short is yes, their phone service is AWESOME. They just need to work on their email response times, and they can't fix it if they don't know there's a problem, so I don't know why people got all offended that the OP brought it up. I'm sure Ryan & crew would much rather be told in a relatively polite manner that there's an issue than have a customer stay silent and just take their business elsewhere.

Justin Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always gotten through on the live chat or on the phone. They can take a day or two via email but, man, they do a good job.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues here. Sent an email, never got a response. I didn't call because my order was placed on a Sunday and I wanted to let them know of an issue before they packaged it, so I sent it out super early AM Monday morning before I left for work (~5:30AM CST), there was no response to it ever, the unit shipped, and I ended up calling them to make a return on it. As noted above, phone call was instantly answered. To everyone saying "CALL!" that's fine, they're great at the phone support, but if you offer email support, you can't expect people not to take issue when there's a lack of response on it.

Now to be clear, I'm not upset that they didn't respond, I knew it would get taken care of eventually one way or another, which it did, and I knew it was the Presidents Day sale so they were probably hammered.

Still, I do most of my ordering on the weekend and I think it would be awesome if they had a reduced staffing on the weekends, even if it was just phone/chat support, heck I'd settle for it being just one or the other. Like today, I just placed a massive order that was so big Paypal put a hold on it, and the BRS site says "Call us to correct this."... well that's great, but if nobody is there to answer the phone, it doesn't help the situation. Now I'll have to make time during my Monday while I'm at work (since BRS's phone support is only open during my working hours) to address it.

So long story short is yes, their phone service is AWESOME. They just need to work on their email response times, and they can't fix it if they don't know there's a problem, so I don't know why people got all offended that the OP brought it up. I'm sure Ryan & crew would much rather be told in a relatively polite manner that there's an issue than have a customer stay silent and just take their business elsewhere.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I'm glad that you were able to give us a call to get your issue resolved. I'll be sure to pass this along to our customer service manager to see if we can identify some areas for improvement.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back