Does anyone have any experience feeding this to there fish

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I bought this stuff to feed my clownfish to make them more orange but i im kind of hesitant to feed this to my fish, it seems safe but from the reviews but i dont know if i trust it, i know it’s stupid and it’s probably fine but I wanted to ask the experts if you guys think its okay to feed my fish before i feed it to them?

2B66D829-6544-4F43-98FF-FC86776DC3AB.jpeg

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Astaxanthin is the compound that give your fish deeper and more brilliant yellow/orange and red colours. Its normally present in frozen adult artemia and freshwater cyclops among other animals. The one you have here is probably intended to use if you do your own frozen food. Its good stuff - I do not know the brand but have used other brands of astaxanthin with success. Astaxanthin is also present in the shells of many shrimp and crayfish species. It is this compound that give the red colour when cooked.

By myself - I use only frozen artema and frozen freshwater cyclops and my yellow, orange and red species is really deep coloured

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it says on right the package to mix with fish food. I wouldnt feed it to them directly without diluting as per the instructions.

Upvote 0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back