Does anyone have experience with this test kit?

Chris1227

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I was looking into a cheap alternative to the more common test kits for calcium and magnesium, and I stumbled across this test kit from Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B096V7FL8M
(The link I posted seems to be missing, apologies)

testkit.JPG


10/11 reviews are positive, the test kit is a titration that's supposedly accurate to 40ppm (calcium) and 50ppm (magnesium), I assume that's close enough. My tank is very simple, I haven't seen it in months but it's just a few softies and a clownfish in a fluval 13.5. The tank is over two years old but still looks brand new with no coralline algae, and I figure it's because I have never tested or dosed calcium or magnesium, that's why I'm trying to begin monitoring it now.

(I already have an alk test kit)

Does anyone have any experience with this test kit?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new