Does anyone know this flatworm?

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
247
Location
chico, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this guy is? He doesnt resemble the annoying lil brown ones and doesnt look like the big polyclads so not sure on him? Retreats to darkness when the lights come on which is weird also. He's pretty big also say around the size of a BB
2015-05-21 08.04.02.jpg
 
I don't have a name for them but those are the harmless ones IMO. They don't eat any livestock or overpopulate.
 
Look up info on acoel flatworms....that's my guess. I don't believe they are coral eaters, but their sheer number will cover corals reducing the light the coral needs. As someone once said, "I haven't met a flatworm I like."
 
haha thanks all. Ya they are in the fuge so not a prob. They are actually pretty......for a flatworm lol never seen a 1 in the display - thanks to beast mode mellenarius in there.
Who knows - maybe when I move the fuge to the new display I will run a cycle or 2 of exit before hand? Hard to say cause they dont bother me and I would hate to start over my fuge population on everything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new