Does anyone know what my wrasses are going?

Perpetual Novice

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
423
Reaction score
318
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 female leopard wrasses introduced together and great companions for the last 6 months or so. Today I saw them doing this. Not sure whether to be concerned.


 
So this may actually be a sign they could potentially become a mates pair?
 
Definitely dominance display. Here's a picture I took of two male Caribbean Yellow Head wrasses doing the same dominance display.

fighting wrasse 2 (1 of 1).jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new