Does bio cube have the lighting requirements for torches?

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just wanted to reach out to any fellow reefers and ask if there biocube was stocked with different colored torches and how well they kept their color. I have the stock lighting for a bio cube 29gallon, I was trying to steer away from the greenish color and maybe go for a blue/orange/gold torch. I wanted to know if any reefer has had a problem keeping their torches colors. I was looking at a indo gold torch but worried it will come out as brown under my lighting.
thanks, Tyler

Attachments

• IMG_5164.MOV
    20.6 MB
OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just wanted to reach out to any fellow reefers and ask if there biocube was stocked with different colored torches and how well they kept their color. I have the stock lighting for a bio cube 29gallon, I was trying to steer away from the greenish color and maybe go for a blue/orange/gold torch. I wanted to know if any reefer has had a problem keeping their torches colors. I was looking at a indo gold torch but worried it will come out as brown under my lighting.
thanks, Tyler

Attachments

• IMG_5164.MOV
    20.6 MB
OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the stock lights on them these days. They were Compact Floresent 10+ years ago and they would keep Torches alive. I know the LEDS they have will keep easier SPS alive also. One of the problems might be that they dont have the blues that really make the torches colors pop. So while they might thrive, they might not look the same as under another light.

my 2cents

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back