Does clownfish have parasites!? HELP!!

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys I need help I think my clownfish pair might have parasites!! Ok so I have been treating them for either skin or gill flukes because I will see them scratch against an object in the tank. And because they will sometimes have white stringy poop. And thier eating hasn't been that great in my opinion I mean they will eat about 5-10 pellets a day or more I dont know if that is good or not. So I decided to treat them for skin or gill flukes with general cure. the thing is I have been treating general cure for over 2 months! And I have seen no difference in thier behavior so I stopped the treatment a while ago. Well about right before I stopped the treatment I saw that my female clownfish seemed to have a big black pimple on her!! At least that is what it looked like. Sorry I didn't get a picture! But anyway the pimple didn't seem to be doing any harm so I let it go. eventually it went away. well right after it went away a really weird clear sort of TINY microscopic clear sort of bubble came right above her nose! I hade no Idea what it was so again I let it go and again it eventually went away. well yesterday I was looking at the tank and saw on the female there was another almost clear white sort of speck! And another one of those black sport if pimple things on her fin!! I don't think it is ick or marine velvet becuse usually there is only one of either the white speck or the black pimple and they will usually eventually go away. I didn't manage to get a picture of the black pimple but I did manage to get a picture of the clear white speck. And I have only seen the pimple or white clear speck on the female but the male will have the same symptoms except for the eating symptom he eats like hog! He will eat like 20 pellets a day witch I think is a little to much! And he is tiny thing! I think I will start a treatment prazipro to see if that will help the scratching. But I need help I really don't know what to do about this! Please tell me what the white bubble sort of speck is and the pimple! What is going on with my clownfish!! What should I do!!

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pictures. I have a picture of the white speck on the female and a picture of what the male clownfish looks like and a video of the tank setup. I have circled the white speck on the female. Just tap on the picture.

Attachments

• WIN_20210216_09_25_57_Pro.mp4
    20.5 MB
  • WIN_20210216_09_17_26_Pro_LI.jpg
    WIN_20210216_09_17_26_Pro_LI.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 112

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime they get black spots when they get stung by corals or anemone.

Attachments

• 72BBE34F-FA7D-4B6B-9592-0BB01DB1AE0E.jpeg
    72BBE34F-FA7D-4B6B-9592-0BB01DB1AE0E.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 112

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont see any black spots from the photo. What exact symptoms do they exhibit?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White spot is also most likely nothing as well. Doesnt look like ich to me but monitor the fish to see if any more spots appear. Also you are just setting this tank up, if you plan to treat you should probably set up a quarantine tank as too many things are changing in your display tank very fast. It still is just getting diatoms and i dont know the affect of these medicines on bacterial populations in tanks

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i dont like the scratching you are talking about if thats happening. How long have you had these fish for?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is scratching it should be somewhat like this video
I suggest doing more research though and looking at the reef2reef link I sent you about black ich just in case

Back