Does clownfish have parasites!? HELP!!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns are weird and i think you may be looking too deep into it. The better water will help them now that you started using rodi. What are you feeding the clownfish right now? It might help improve the white poop to change to good frozen foods like LRS Reef Frenzy along with good pellets. And again definitely do another round of testing as this is a brand new tank

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already said that, you need to do tests for right now. If you can get a better picture and video that would be for the best as it would help everyone with trying to identify what or if there is a problem.
I personally would stay away from Hikari pellets (I like hikari frozen though) and maybe use New life spectrum. I personally started using bulkreefsupply pellets because I like the ingredients.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again you would not have parasites if you dont introduce any into you tank, i mean how would they have gotten there magic? Jk, but i think you may be making mountains out of mole hills because you care so very much about you pets, which def isnt a bad thing

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not necessarily which is why i keep asking for the video, without it you are gonna be out of luck for much help. Results of new tests yet?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get the clownfish black spot sure. I am almost certain it is nothing though. what are you using to test dkh and also what salt are you using? dkh very high, not a huge cause for concern just asking

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those results for ammonia nitrate and nitrite probably ok. You will need other test kits for calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, and phosphate though if you want any decently accurate results. API test kits are trash which is why they are so cheap. Ive used them in the past and compared results with salifert and red sea and the api values were way off

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API makes terrible test kits, just FYI. I would switch to Salifert or Red Sea, or Hanna for alk/phosphate if you can afford it.

Back