Does my Lobo look ok?

brandomoore1819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice on my blue lobo (not sure the real name). It doesn’t look very health to me as compared to my other orange and green. Is there something wrong or am I just over reacting. I’m pretty new to corals and don’t know a whole lot. I will post a picture of my last parameters from 10/23.

4F589A8D-8CF7-4B5A-A631-90D585FF788C.jpeg 1CBCFA0D-87AA-40F9-BC5A-62A295650E9A.jpeg 67DE53C7-D161-499C-B83C-49E7DBBCDA7C.png

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnesium seems high and PH low but other then that everything else in order looks good.

Blue lobo just might be hungry do you feed it at all?

Danny G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks alright in my opinion. Do you have the skeleton pushed into the sand bed? I’m not sure but I would keep the skeleton just resting on the sand bed and not pushed in. My Lobo loves spot feeding. I would recommend feeding it 1-2 times a week. PH is slightly low. Do you have open top or have a lid over your tank? Also, nice screenshot of your water parameters. What are you using there?

OP
OP
B

brandomoore1819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnesium seems high and PH low but other then that everything else in order looks good.

Blue lobo just might be hungry do you feed it at all?
Mag is high. But I also have the Hanna tester. It’s the new updated one but still seems to be high. The last time I had the store check it it was at 1420 on 9/1. PH will come up as I just changed my co2 scrubber media. It normally sits at 8.0 but it was exhausted while I was out of town unfortunately.

I usually do not feed the corals. I feed my fish either mysis or brine every night. But I tried reef chili for the coral and my phosphate went through the roof to .23 so I quit using it.

OP
OP
B

brandomoore1819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks alright in my opinion. Do you have the skeleton pushed into the sand bed? I’m not sure but I would keep the skeleton just resting on the sand bed and not pushed in. My Lobo loves spot feeding. I would recommend feeding it 1-2 times a week. PH is slightly low. Do you have open top or have a lid over your tank? Also, nice screenshot of your water parameters. What are you using there
I didn’t push it in the sand bed but I do have to uncover it every once in a while. What do you spot feed? My ph will come back to around 8.0 I just changed co2 scrubber media, it dropped while I was out of town. I have an egg crate lid that I made. I’m using pocket marine on iOS.

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mag is high. But I also have the Hanna tester. It’s the new updated one but still seems to be high. The last time I had the store check it it was at 1420 on 9/1. PH will come up as I just changed my co2 scrubber media. It normally sits at 8.0 but it was exhausted while I was out of town unfortunately.

I usually do not feed the corals. I feed my fish either mysis or brine every night. But I tried reef chili for the coral and my phosphate went through the roof to .23 so I quit using it.
Sounds good !

here is my brand new lobo i got yesterday . Not the clearest picture but this is what a healthy lobo should look like all puffy and happy

Attachments

• lobo.jpg
    lobo.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
B

brandomoore1819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good !

here is my brand new lobo i got yesterday . Not the clearest picture but this is what a healthy lobo should look like all puffy and happy
Looks looks good. That why I thought there was an issue with mine. It isn’t real puffy but my green and orange one is.

Danny G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t push it in the sand bed but I do have to uncover it every once in a while. What do you spot feed? My ph will come back to around 8.0 I just changed co2 scrubber media, it dropped while I was out of town. I have an egg crate lid that I made. I’m using pocket marine on iOS.
I feed mine meaty foods. Once in a while LPS food pellets. I also dose tank 2 - 3 times a week with AB +. Colors popped after I did that. Got like green/pink/orange and yellow in my lobo once I started to use that

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back