Does my plumbing look okay? First timer!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I really can't thank you enough for all the help! I feel so needy but I'm really outside of my element here haha! I'm glad to know that I don't have to glue the sump that's a big relief. Thanks again!!
I for one - am terrible trying to interpret pictures. Its fine to post questions on this forum - you will get lots of information - can I humbly suggest that you get an opinion from someone (reputable) that can view exactly what you want to accomplish - and what you're potentially doing? Its still DIY - but its really to me especially important to suggest that its 'right' or wrong'. Im honestly envious of those than can look at the pics and say - do this do that. Somethings to me are better 'in person'

OP
OP
FishyFish

FishyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again everyone for all of the advice over the past few days. It's been a long weekend but I finally got everything put together and glued up. All that's left is to add the pipe supports and test it for leaks. I'm really happy with the results so far and I think the changes that I made, based on the advice I got in this thread, are going to make a big difference in the final product. So thanks again, I'm so glad I joined this community!

IMG_20190513_220002.jpg
IMG_20190513_220121.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again everyone for all of the advice over the past few days. It's been a long weekend but I finally got everything put together and glued up. All that's left is to add the pipe supports and test it for leaks. I'm really happy with the results so far and I think the changes that I made, based on the advice I got in this thread, are going to make a big difference in the final product. So thanks again, I'm so glad I joined this community!

IMG_20190513_220002.jpg
IMG_20190513_220121.jpg
Looks great! Good job!

OP
OP
FishyFish

FishyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the leak test! The trigger 34 was my first pick for the sump, but picked something else. How do you like it?

Thanks! I don't know how I like it yet, this will be my first tank with a sump so I didn't really know what to look for. I picked this one because the skimmer section came before the refugium section and the refugium section is fairly large. Also because it looks awesome. Okay if we're being honest the pretty blue color was a bigger factor than it should have been. ;)

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also because it looks awesome. Okay if we're being honest the pretty blue color was a bigger factor than it should have been. ;)

I don't discount aesthetics anymore. When I first started reefing 5 years ago, I banged my way through episode after episode of sticker-shock and felt that all the pretty lit up stands and over-priced sumps, with all the fancy coloured pipes was for show because people had more money than brains.

Now I see attentively designed systems as an indicator of the effort people put in to maintaining a healthy ecosystem in their little box of ocean.

Hey! Look over there! Someone just announced something shiny!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMG_20190513_220002.jpg
IMG_20190513_220121.jpg
Congrats - good luck

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back